Friday, January 8, 2016

Japan Solo // Nagoya: A Quick Stop

Got off the plane in Osaka and hop on the train to my first stop on my solo Japan trip: Nagoya! I stayed in Nagoya for three days, but was never able to make it to the sites that it's known for (Toyota Museum & Nagoya Castle) because I couldn't roll out of my comfy bed in time.....oops. Guess I'll have to come again.
Nagoya/Boston Fine Arts Museum
Was really excited to visit this museum because of the prestige, but honestly it's a very small collection and only in Japanese. The day I visited the collection wasn't very interesting, so I was done within an hour. The museum covers only three floors.

Hisaya Odori Park and Nagoya TV Tower in the background
A well kept park in the middle of the liveliest part of Nagoya. I was expecting the TV Tower to be similar in size to the Tokyo Tower, but it's way, way, way smaller. Didn't even bother going up it.

A ferris wheel in the middle of the city
A random ferris wheel in the middle of the city, which is pretty awesome. It's not very big and not sure how good of a view you would get in it, but a cute option to have.


The cutest coffee art ever!! That cup of coffee totally made my day. I want to learn coffee art!

Breakfast at Denny's
In the States I don't normally visit Denny's, but whenever I'm in Japan and there's one nearby, I try to go. It's the only place I know open for breakfast and is very, very cheap for its quality, amount, and price.

No comments:

Post a Comment