Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Malaysia Trip // KL: In the Metropolis

Skyscrapers, highways, bustling of people....yup, we're back in the metropolitan city of Kuala Lumpur, which locals refer to as KL. KL reminded me a lot of NYC. Dirty and with the usual city offerings: large green parks, a Chinatown, ethic neighborhoods, nightlife, skyscrapers, and too much shopping. KL's main sites are relatively walkable, so that's what I did.

Bukit Bintang in the Golden Triangle area
Actually the Bukit Bintang area felt a lot like Singapore too. Stretches of shopping malls where all you do is eat, drink, and shop.

Chinatown
Petronas Towers
The most iconic building in KL. It truly is very different than other iconic buildings in the world and quite impressive to see in real life. Wasn't able to go up it but the surrounding area was nice to stroll through in the evening.
Obligatory I heart ___ city photo
National Monument
View from National Monument
KL City Hall
Definitely one of the coolest city halls I've seen. At first I thought it was a sultan's ex-residence haha.

Central Market
Batu Caves
This cave was different than the Ipoh ones because this is also a Hindu shrine, whereas the Ipoh ones were mainly Buddhist. The steps weren't as bad as they seem...it only took me one song to reach the top. Beware though! Don't carry plastic bags or food in your hands while walking....macaques will attack you.




I can't believe this is the beginning of the finale of my Malaysia trip already. One last city on the list to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment